Sunday, June 24, 2007

Out of Character

Last night I asked Matt something very uncharacteristic of me. My interesting inquiry was... "Is there any good Chinese take out in Gainesville?" Now those of you who know me and my picky-ness are aghast, I know. But I assure you, I really did ask that. And I assure you, aliens did not switch me out with a look-alike. I really kind of had a hankering for some Chinese take out (!). We did a little research and found a great little place just up the road, Chan's Chinese Restaurant ("New York Style Chinese"... whatever that is). Someone had posted a review online saying they had the best sweet & sour chicken in town, which you know is the Chinese food I like. :) hehe So, off we went.

We got a big pack of sweet & sour chicken to share, some chicken fried rice for me, and some vegetable lo mein for Matt. I have to say, it was REALLY good!! The sweet & sour chicken was excellent! I am looking forward to that treat again sometime. I also have to say, I find the little take out boxes to be quite cute. :) We even had leftovers of everything for lunch today. YUM! So, if you like Chinese and you come visit us, we know where you take you now!

We hope your weekend is going well. We have greatly enjoyed time with each other, Sammy, the Body of Christ, and the Lord!

Love,
Becca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chinese food is GOOD! I'm glad you found a great place so close! What a fun discovery! I'm thankful you've had a sweet weekend, too!
Love you!
Mom

"Alice" said...

You know it's so funny...sometimes you just want Chinese! My favorite is Orange flavored chicken, chow mein, and veggie eggrolls. Do you have Panda Express there? It's so good. It's like the Taco Bell of Chinese food. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your treat!