Monday, June 25, 2007

A New Treat

Tomorrow I will be taking dinner to a family at church who had a baby earlier this month. I'm going to make Mom's Italian crockpot chicken, take them a salad, some French bread, and I'm going to try a new dessert!

For Christmas I asked for the book Cookie Dough Delights. It's full of recipes that use refrigerated cookie dough as a short cut. I'm going to try Anytime Fruit Crumble (my first try from this book). It looks soooo good!! I'll let you know how it turns out. :) For now, here's the recipe so you can drool over it like we are. :)

1 21 oz. can of pie filling (I chose apple, because we've been hungry for apple pie--I know, more strange cravings from me)
2 18 oz. rolls of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
optional: vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan (or use two 8x8s) with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon pie filling into pan.
2. Crumble cookie dough into medium bowl; let stand 10-15 minutes to soften. Add oats and cinnamon; mix well with fingers, paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon. Sprinkle mixture evenly over filling to cover.
3. Bake 24-28 minutes or until topping is a deep golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, if desired.

Makes 10-12 servings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds DELICIOUS! Be sure to tell us if it's as good to eat as it sounds. :)
Love, Mom

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.