Saturday, March 03, 2007

Have a Seat

Today we made the easy little jaunt down to Ocala to check out Rooms to Go. They were having a big sale, and we have been saving for new living room furniture. Don't get me wrong, we are very thankful for our "convertible sofa" and have gotten lots of great use out of it! But, it limited us considerably in whom we could have over in terms of numbers. It seats about three people, so even if one other couple came over, someone had to sit on a dining room or kitchen chair. :) That is obviously not some earth-shattering problem, but we would like to use this home God has blessed us with to be a blessing to others, including the 4 college students we have been able to "adopt" from church.

So, our plan was to find a couch and love seat for the living room, and then move the current living room couch to the den/study. Our mission was accomplished! We found a great sofa and love seat, and we got a coffee table, end table, and one lamp as well (we weren't going to get the lamp, but we had to in order to retain the "package" discount). We had kinda settled somewhat on one couch, but it wasn't quite as roomy as I wanted. I have long legs--I'm almost 6 ft. tall! So, I wanted a couch I could sit all the way back on and have my knees at the edge, not in front of the edge. I wanted a couch I could stretch my legs out on when I'm laying down. They had ONE couch that fit that bill. It's 104" long, so I can actually lay down with my head in Matt's lap on one end, and have my legs completely stretched out on the other!!! WOW!! It's also much more deep than our current couch, so I can indeed sit all the way back and not have my knees resting in front of the couch, but at its corner. I went in saying, "I do NOT want microfiber." Somewhere along they way I got the impression it did not hold up well and was a cheaper fabric. But we've now read several places that it's very durable and very easy to clean. Of course, this couch ended up being microfiber. hehe You can see a picture of its cousin here (it's shown in pine with light piping, we got it in khaki with light beige piping). You can also see our tables here. I could not find the lamp online, but it's a beige wrought iron lamp with a scrolling base. It will be delivered on Wednesday!!

So, as of Wednesday we all the MORE invite you to come, sit back, and relax with us in Gainesville! :) We will have our new living room furniture, AND our new guest mattresses that we got on sale will be in by Tuesday. Hooray, and praise the Lord for the means by which to finish off these two big furniture goals. And may our home be a place where His peace and love reign!

Blessings,
Becca

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want visitors? Just hold on; I'm a-coming!

Dad G.

Becca said...

Hooray!!! :) We can't wait for your visit... just please don't blow out my husband's ear drums. :) We are counting down!

Joy said...

Hey Becca, My parents have the older model of this couch and they have really loved it! It has lasted for quite a few years (8ish I think and still going)! It is quite comfy and great to snuggle up on. We are excited for you and the fun of shopping for new furniture! Hip hip hooray!!! Congrats!

"Alice" said...

I LOVE your couch!!! I can't believe you are putting it all together. It seems like just yesterday you moved into the townhouse! I'm gonna come for a visit one of these days!