Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Halfway Through the Week!

Just a short little post to say, "YEA" for halfway through the week! I am ready for a weekend (I know, I know.... we just had a 4 day weekend)!! :)

Today was an early release day, and I averaged all my grades for interim reports to go home tomorrow. Then I came home, went to the grocery store, did some laundry, etc. After dinner Matt and I went to Big Lots. They are having a SUPER sale on Serta mattresses--good price on the mattress and only $5 more for the box spring foundation! Woo hoo!! We tried some out (there was NO one else in the store!), and we settled on a really comfy one. They are currently out of stock, but they get shipments every Thursday. I made sure to ask if they would get some in eventually.... I don't know how "certain" Big Lots stock/shipments are, you know? They assured me they would. Probably tomorrow or next Thursday. So, that gives us time to line up someone with a pickup to help us get it home!

Once we have the new mattress set, we can REALLY play musical spare bedroom furniture! :) hehe We'll be moving the twin to the "man room" (you have to say that in a deep, manly voice) as a sort of day-bed kind of thing. Then the little den entertainment center is going in the man room also, I think. In the den we'll have my desk (the one I've had since childhood), the computer armoire, and eventually our living room couch (when we replace it with a couch and love seat) and coffee table. The guest room will then have a dresser, craft stuff, and the double bed. We already have full sized rails, so I guess I get to go bargain shopping for a comforter/quilt, etc. I am excited about that! I'll try Tuesday Morning and some other "deal" places. :) Anyway, I think it'll really come together.

AND, when it's all together, we will have plenty of room for visitors! So far our parents and Tyson are the only ones to take us up on that (are we really that scary... or boring?). We'll have the twin in the man room, the full in the guest room, and our couch is a "convertible sofa" as well. That's all kind of "come visit the Kubos" accommodations! So, come see us (and Sammy, too!).

I guess that's about all for now. Time to go change another load over to dry! :) We hope you're having a good week. :)

Love and blessings,
Becca

3 comments:

Kim said...

Becca,
Wow! Great minds and bargain shoppers think alike. We are the proud owners of a new Serta Mattress set from Big Lots as well ! I told Dale I feel like a new person. We splurged for the Courtland which was still such a deal. I can't wait to go to bed at night!!! Now if I can just find a good pillow . . .

Joy said...

Charis may come visit sooner rather that later! She was missing her Auntie Beas today greatly! We chatted about you several times having the same conversation several times! We are looking forward to your next visit and if Charis shows up on your doorstep just visit with her for a bit and be sure to send her back home!!! :)

Becca said...

Charis can definitely show up on our doorstep for a visit (though, we'd love to have her mommy and daddy visit, as well)... but I'm not so sure about that sending her back home part. :)

We love you guys! And we'll be back in 5 weeks (who KNOWS what she'll be saying by then!?!) :)

Love,
Auntie Beas