Saturday, February 24, 2007

Before/After

The den before....

The den after

More after

Today I painted a coat of Kilz on our den wooden paneling, and then I added a coat of Spanish Chestnut this evening. We love how much lighter the room looks. It will be GREAT until Matt's dad can come help us take down the paneling and put up drywall. We have decided we might want a warmer paint color or an accent wall when we actually redo the walls "for real" with Matt's dad. Now with the more neutral walls and the cool sage curtains, the room has lost more warmth than we thought and is a smidge bland. We'll take care of that though, in October. :) P.S. We chose the sage green curtains--they have some shimmer (what I liked), and they are washable (Joy's suggestion), AND they were $12 each--so I don't have to feel bad if I want to change them out down the road. I have a similar philosophy in hunting for bedding for the new full guest room mattresses. I'm trying to find a "full/queen" set, so I could switch the guest room bedding out with ours if I needed a change. :) Look below for a Man Room update. :)

I spent yesterday after school moving the twin bed and little entertainment center to the Man Room. Matt really liked it when he got home--yea! Now we just need to hook up his Xbox to that tv, and it will function as he wants it to. We still want to paint at some point, and before that we'll hang our diplomas and such.

The Man Room after

More Man Room (okay, so I still needs some more masculinity, but hey, it's on its way)

2 comments:

"Alice" said...

AWESOME! What's happening in October? :)

Joy said...

The den looks much more homey since the paint!!! You did a GREAT job Becca! I am a big fan of color as our bathrooms can attest too (they are the only walls Brad could bear to let me be "wild" with) therefore I think that an accent color would be great in the den also! Great thinking!!!