Sunday, November 09, 2008

Humming the Birthday Song...

Thursday was my birthday, and we had the distinct delight of having my parents join us for the celebration. :) :) :) :)

My kids were really sweet at school on my birthday, and I received several flowers, a card from each of them, and a couple other things. :) Then after I tutored Thursday afternoon, I got to come home to Dad and Mom--what a treat! Matt came home, and we had a yummy dinner together, cake and birthday cake flavored ice cream (one of my favs), and then opened presents. I felt very loved, and it was a GREAT day!!

On Friday, Matt and I both worked. Dad went to a nature preserve to take pictures (though the wildest thing he saw was.... a squirrel.... no bison, gators, or deer, as we know actually live there). Mom stayed home and caught us up on some things around the house. Sammy apparently played outside most of the day! So we all the FL residents were on the receiving end of huge blessings! :) Friday evening we had a second, yummy home-cooked meal (more later on why that's special). YUM!

On Saturday, the guys inspected our damp laundry room. It turns out the water heater may or may not be leaking, but it's far enough along in age that we plan to get a new one. As for the washer, the line it empties into is backing up, so water is pouring down the wall and onto the floor. Lovely, right? We have a plumber coming tomorrow to hopefully clean out the line and get that sorted out. Hooray for Dad the diagnostician!

That night we had another yummy dinner, some popcorn, and a movie. :)

It was a quick trip :-(, but it was soooo good to see Dad and Mom! AND, we'll see them again in 2.5 weeks for Thanskgiving (only 10 work days until then!).

I have tomorrow and Tuesday off, which I am really excited about! Then it's a full week next week and a 2 day week after that. Tomorrow I am planning on doing some school stuff since I have to be home for the plumber anyway. Tuesday I'm hoping to craft--I got great craft stuff for my birthday, like books, patterns, and awesome hippo fabric. :)

Before I close, here are some birthday pictures (because I KNOW those of you who know my family are waiting for them)...


with my special brownie pan (every piece ends up with at least 2 edges, so you get that perfect chewy bite every time)



With my Hoops & Yoyo card from Matt--it sings a really fun song. :)



Making a face when Matt called me "old" during the birthday song (HE would know!)



With Matt and Mom



With Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being with you was SUCH A BLESSING!
We were praising the Lord all the way home!! Thanks for a sweet time - it was precious!

We love you to pieces!!!

Mom

Joy said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing pics with us who missed out. Brad and I are still wondering about the brownie pan as we ALWAYS fight over the middle brownie with no corners. Too funny! ;) I cannot wait to hear about more of the fun things that you got...especially the patterns.