Friday, October 10, 2008

Just a Little Note...

Matt and I are headed out this evening for dinner. I am really looking forward to it! He has worked really hard this week and is loving his new job. If I failed to mention it before, Matt is now working as part of the knee design team (as opposed to his previous work on the hip design team). He is still working for the same company, but he's on a different team. Someone on the knee team is moving over to marketing, and Matt was asked if he'd be interested in switching to knees. He is loving it and the challenge (and familiarity--he did work with knees in grad school) of having a full plate and knocking things off his "to do" list left and right. :)

We are also counting down to our THIRD anniversary on... Wednesday! I can hardly believe it's been three years already! And that we've been together five years. I know 5 is small compared to many couples in my family (being the youngest and all), but five seems like such a big, grown up number. :) A year (okay, 10 months) of dating, 1 year of engagement (alright, 54 weeks ;)), and now 3 WONDERFUL years of marriage. To celebrate our anniversary, we're going to the beach for a LONG weekend later this month. We're actually getting to stay in the same condo as we did on our honeymoon! Our intention is not to relive our honeymoon, but to build more sweet memories in a place we love. It's perfect this time of year, and we are realllllly looking forward to relaxing and getting away together.

Sweet Samantha is sleeping beside me on the couch. She loves this time of year with a touch of coolness in the air. I think she could stay out playing and patrolling "her" backyard for hours in the fall. All the squirrels scurrying about for acorns also provide her quite the amusement. :)

Alright, Matt should be home any minute, so I ought to get ready to go. We hope you have a great weekend!

Love,
Becca

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your dinner! Dad and I went out to dinner, too. :) We went to Palancho's. Yum. I'm so glad you will be getting away to celebrate your anniversary. Have a great weekend!
We love you!
Mom

Joy said...

There is nothing like a month long celebration!!! We rejoice with you in all that the Lord has done, is doing and will continue to do in your marriage!

Anonymous said...

happy early anniversary! i hope you both enjoyed dinner out! you deserve it! I miss you terribly and I hope all is well.