Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Brief Hiatus...

I know I said I wouldn't post too much on here about sewing, but a friend of mine asked me to help her embroider some onesies a week or two ago. Our first attempt didn't go too well (I hadn't embroidered a knit fabric before), but I read up on it today and tried again. Here are a few of the designs I came up with so far.

I saw a onesie with this slogan for over $20 in an online store.... this was much cheaper. ;) Though this one is off center, it was my first try (now that I've read how to stabilize knits better). I think I can go back and add a heart in front of the words or something to make it look more centered. :)





And Matt thought this one up... the biohazard symbol on the rear end of the onesie. ;) It'll be perfect for an engineering friend or something (there are people expecting all around us it seems). :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! I'm glad you're getting the hang of the knits.
Tell Matt he's a hoot! Love, Mom

Joy said...

I love the biohazard!!! It is SO true!!! Brad would totally agree!

Jennifer said...

Me too with the biohazard! I love that!

Matt and Jess said...

ok, i want the biohazard one when we have a baby!! my matt and I both think that is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BOTH OF THEM!!! I'M TOTALLY GOING TO STEAL THE IDEAS!!! :)