Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Sewing and a Treat

I know I said I wouldn't be loading this blog up with sewing, but I can't help it--it's how I've passed the time the last few days. :)

Today I made a nursing cover for a "baby shower by mail." I need to take my gift to some ladies at church tomorrow so they can put it in a big box to mail on Monday. I made two things, a burp cloth and a nursing cover. Here they are for your viewing enjoyment. :)





Close up of the ribbon I found to match for the straps :)


Close up of the fabrics I chose


Secondly, the treat mentioned in the header. :) That sweet, thoughtful hubby o' mine brought me a surprise on Monday... flowers! He said he intended to have some sent to school the first day, but due to some other things going on the week of pre-planning when he was going to place the order he got a little side-tracked and was not able to accomplish that original plan. Instead, he stopped on his way home the first real day with this sweet bouquet. It has livened up the family room for the past week and been a colorful reminder of his love and care. :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - You have really been BUSY!
What great gifts. The flowers are beautiful! - What a thoughtful man you are married to! :)
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That was really sweet of Matt!! I wanted to ask you how you do the pattern with the embroidery around it and not have "left overs" outside the embroidery?

You are inspiring me to get out my embroidery machine and start making!!! :)