Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gifts and Samantha

We are expecting the arrival of our newest niece, Isabella Rose, in a little over a month! I have had a couple little projects in mind for her, but I was holding out until my order of the Husqvarna 4D embroidery software came in. Well, now it doesn't look as though that will happen before I go back to school. So, I decided to go ahead and sew some steps of the projects, and I'll have to go back and embroider later. Isabella's nursery is decorated with sweet ladybugs, so I made a coordinating set of burp clothes to go along with that theme.



You'll have to stay tuned to see what I embroider on them (eventually.... when my software arrives!)




Secondly, Samantha received a really fun gift from my parents. :) It's a huge black bear stuffed animal--only it doesn't have stuffing (except for the head) and it has a squeaker in each leg and its head!



We were sure she would have it torn open in a matter of minutes. But she's never had a toy this big before, and she's been treating it very differently! Sure, she shakes it and bites at it sometimes. She looked like she thought she'd REALLY caught something when we first gave it to her. But now it's like it's her buddy!



We just might need to come up with a name for it with the way she's keeping it around! :) Such a sweet puppy. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey - The burp clothes are really cute! What a neat gift! We're glad Sammy Dog likes her bear!!
Love you,
Mom

Joy said...

Super cute! The dog and the burp cloths! ;)