Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Little Bit of This and That

Ariana posted this survey on her blog (visit her site to see her answers). I'm dilly-dallying while Matt installs new smoke detectors (Yea! They've only been in the closet for... well, months and months). So, here we go...

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?????

Yes, I was named after my mom's good friend (Rebecca) and my paternal grandmother and aunt (we three have the same middle name--Jennette)


2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last night. :) The stress of the first week of school was over, and it all came out in some tears. It was a much needed release.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Some of the time.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Hickory smoked turkey

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Not yet... praying and counting down... but don't expect any news just yet. :)

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so!

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Not really.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No way

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?

Hehe, for breakfast, I admit, probably Frosted Flakes (but I'm all for knock-off brand) or Lucky Charms. For snacking, Cheerios. :)

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I live in Florida... what are these things you must untie from your footwear? :) I wear flip-flops almost year round now.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE MENTALLY STRONG?
I think I hold it together, but I'm also very thankful for the family, friends, and especially God to whom I can be vulnerable and be supported and encouraged.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Mint chocolate chip

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Probably whether or not they're smiling/demeanor?

15.RED OR PINK?
Red, but I'm learning to like pink. :)

16.WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Well, I can be pretty hard on myself with high expectations, and it can result in unfair expectations of others, too. I try to remember to treat others better than I treat myself, or to start giving myself some more grace!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
My family and friends. It's still achingly lonely around here sometimes... this week has been one of those times.

18.DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
If they want to.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS/dress/skirtAND SHOE S ARE YOU WEARING? ? ? ?
Blue jeans, bare feet.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
I turned left over fixings into a soft taco for lunch.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Matt has something on the tv in the background.

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Cerulean

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Babies after a bath, my husband's cologne

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Matt called last night to say he was on his way home from the event and bringing us dessert from Sonic. :) Yea and YUM!

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Ariana is a loving wife and mother to my brother and my nephew. I am thankful for her in our family.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
(some) Football or gymnastics.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Pretty much brownish. Some natural red highlights with all the sun down here!

28. EYE COLOR?
Blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Probably anything carb. :) Bread, potatoes, and pasta being high on the list. OOo, and Chili's chips and salsa.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Definitely happy endings. I really don't do scary (very well).

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Oh goodness! Hmmm... Watched one of the Bourne movies on tv the other night. In the theater, Matt sweetly went with me to see Ratatouille. :)

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE?YOU??WEARING?
Lime green CSPC VBS 2004 (Lava Lava Island)

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter between those. But Fall is my ABSOLUTE favorite (part of why we got married in October), and then spring is my second favorite. It seems fall down here lasts about a week. Matt and I long for fall sometimes... and this year we won't even get it at Thanksgiving as we're celebrating with Matt's family and relatives even further South than we!

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
They are both great, though kisses are a little more exclusive (M's the only person I've kissed). :) Well, you know, other than a "tucking in bed" goodnight for the likes of C, M, and I (when they were little).

36.FAVORITE DESSERT?
Brownie... alas, migraines.

37. OMITTED
38. OMITTED

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
A Horse and His Boy, Love and Respect, several sewing books, just finished Miserly Moms, and going to start The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs with my class (which I read this summer). M is reading Wild at Heart and Peace Like a River (and Love and Respect with me).

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
It looks like an oriental rug. I really like it. :)

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Not much. After dinner, Matt left for the event and I wanted to surprise him. So, I mowed the yard and raked up clippings from our massive hedge trimming last weekend. Then I came in and vacuumed basically the entire house. :) Then I read on the couch and waited for him.

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
"I love you" from M.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Neither really...

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Well, we've gone on vacation to Cali and Canada... and I lived in Europe for several years. :)

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I'm not exactly sure I would say "special talent," but I'm really enjoying developing my sewing, photography, and cooking skills. :)

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Ulm, Germany

4 comments:

Joy said...

Okay okay, I will think about answering all these questions...maybe! It seems that everyone is following suit! ;) Oh, I LOVE A Horse and His Boy! I think that it is my absolute favorite from the series!

I wish you a happy day Becca! We love you guys!

Masker # 7 said...

I'm on the hunt to find out what the "omitted" questions are! I first saw it on Ariana's blog, so now I'm off to see Brad and Joy's-maybe they included them! :)

Praying for you this Monday morning!

Joy said...

You won't find them on our list either Kay! ;) The original list was from Ariana so we just followed suit! Brad however being the perfectionist that he is just renumbered his leaving out the omitted numbers. :)

"Alice" said...

That's fun!!! I'm stealing from you!!!