Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer Kitchen

Easy Enchiladas

My mom has a yummy chicken and cheese enchilada recipe, BUT it requires turning the oven on. Especially in the time since I have moved to Florida, I try to avoid using the oven during the summer. So, I thought I'd share a few recipes we you that we enjoy all the more in the hot months!

This one came from the Campbell's Meal Mail daily emailed recipes.

Prep/Cook time: 5 minutes (!!)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shredded chicken, beef, or pork (I've used chicken--not shredded--and ground beef/turkery, and it's been great)
flour tortillas
1/2 c. enchilada sauce (they recommend Pace, of course)
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar Jack cheese (I use what we have, sometimes it's just cheddar, sometimes cheddar, jack, and/or mozzarella)
--these recommendations are for one enchilada. I usually heat a pound of meat and then just eyeball how full to make them.

Directions
1. Place chicken down center of tortilla.
2. Top with half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese.
3. Roll up and place seam-side down on microwave-safe plate.
4. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
5.
Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 min. or until cheese melts.


TIP: For a Cheesy Enchilada: Omit chicken/beef/pork and use 1 cup cheese. Place 3/4 cup cheese on tortilla. Top with half the enchilada sauce. Roll up and prepare as above.

It's quick, easy, yummy, doesn't dirty many dishes, and best of all, doesn't need the oven. :)
Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing. You can bet I'll be trying them. If you have more "no oven" ideas, let me know. :)
Love you! Mom