Saturday, June 16, 2007

Blog by Photo


[picture coming soon after info is edited out of it]
Celebrating receiving the title to Matt's car!!!!!

Silver candlesticks we found at Goodwill. A little bit of tarnish remover did them some incredible good! I've wanted silver candlesticks since we registered for our wedding, but didn't find any I liked then. Now I'd just like one more to complete a mix-and-match set of 3... and some platters to decorate the wall like Kim did! :) Any hints, Kim (or anyone else) on knowing if a random platter/plate/candlestick/etc. is really silver plated, and not some other material?

The Build-a-Bear one of my students made for me at the end of school. She picked a dog for Sammy (and named is Samantha), a black and white embroidered skirt because it reminded her of the skirts I often wear to school, really cute sandals b/c I usually wear sandals down here in FL. And of course, teacher stuff. :) It also has a sound chip that barks! :) I love it, and it means SO much, because this particular students LOVES Build-a-Bear. I will *always* think of her when I see it. :)

One of the bulletin boards I made for summer institute... it was a pizza glyph. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a FUN blog! I love the pictures!!! Matt looks SOOOO happy with his car title. YEA for you guys! The build a bear is SOOO cute! What a sweet thing to get you. Your pizzas look terrific, too. I hope you're having a fun weekend! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I just made the dog build-a-bear bigger to see it better, and I LOVE IT! It's just gotta make you
S-M-I-L-E!!!!

Love, Mom

Kim said...

I LOVE the candlesticks. You are right . . just one more random one to complete a three piece "set" I was never very good at determining whether a piece was silver plated or not . . I just went with what looked good. You are so kind to remember that in my dining room . . . I am always finding great pieces at my GW and I just keep on going. Just let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for any . . .

"Alice" said...

Great pictures! What's a glyph? Finding treasures at Goodwill can be so exciting! We just donated 2, no 3 of Adam's old but still working game systems to Goodwill. I hope some kids get in and enjoy it. What an adorable bear...no dog. :) hahaha Some kids get so creative and it's so special. I'm glad that you workshop is over but that you enjoyed it! Can't wait to talk! Enjoy your Sunday and Happy Father's Day to your dad!

PS I'll tell Don and Kimberly you said hi! I'll put up Mama Mia pics soon. :) Night!

"Alice" said...

OH and awesome Incredibles promo!!! Kudos to whoever came up with that one!!!

"Alice" said...

Hey when are you leaving for TN?! To see all those adorable babies!!! :D