Saturday, May 19, 2007

Beading

This week was our church's May women's fellowship event. We met at a store called Bead All About It for some food, fun, and fellowship. The way the store works is you buy $10 worth of beads, and then they provide you with the wire and crimps (for multi-strand or to clamp it off when you're done) you need and the expertise of the owners. I have to say, it was overwhelming to see all of the beads when I walked in. Whoa. I thought I'd never be able to choose something. There were just SOOOO many possibilities! I hadn't really thought about what I wanted to make ahead of time, so my brain was swimming! I saw some cute orange and white beads, and I thought about making a UT bracelet or necklace. But, I decided I wanted something I would wear more frequently--for my first project, at least. ;) I spent a long time looking around and starting several ideas in my head. I finally settled on some neutral stones with a kind of pendant arrangement.

When I first heard about it, I thought it would probably be really easy to hit the $10 mark... and go way over. But honestly, I had trouble hitting $10! My final total, once I purchased the clasp too, was $14. Not bad! The paint-it-yourself pottery place next door (which we did last year as a women's event) came out to about $30. I was so excited to find this place has sooooo many options--you could never run out of project ideas--and it was sooooo affordable! Don't be surprised if you receive handmade jewelry from us as gifts now! :) I already have a design in mind for Charis! :)

Without further ado, here is my necklace....


3 comments:

Joy said...

Super cute Becca!!! It is very you!!! You did a wonderful job!

Charis will be excited for a little jewelry she has been asking recently for bracelets, rings and earrings. I am not sure that she understands the pain involved with earrings and would not ask for them if she knew but o-well...someday!

It looks like you had a lot of fun and it is neat to have something to show for all the fun! ;)

Cheryl said...

Great choice of beads...and Joy is right...it DOES look like you! I'm glad you had fun - and I'm glad the event turned out well.
Love you! Mom

"Alice" said...

Very pretty B!!! I bet Charis will love whatever jewelry you make her. And what's great is you can make yourself jewelry that you aren't allergic too!!! YEA!!! Again beautiful bracelet and I'm SO glad you had fun!