Monday, February 26, 2007

And so it begins...

...FCAT that is. I am now in the midst of my second FCAT experience. It still boggles my mind at times, this beast called FCAT. But I try to tame the lion down to a house "cat" for my kids' sake. I was pleased with the seeming lack of rushing as they took the first SSS (Sunshine State Standards) reading component today--and hopefully that trend will continue. We also began our Mr. Popper's Penguins unit. They seem excited, and they are working really well on it/with each other. The day pretty much flew by! After testing, we did a little "following directions" work with some drawings (a little left-brain action), and then I began the Penguins stuff. Before I knew it, it was lunch time, then resource, recess, writing, and finish up with the first penguin unit project (matching types of penguins to their geographical locales). Whew!

When Matt called to say he was coming home, he offered to treat us to a dinner out--he got his profit sharing check today. :) Then we stopped by Ross and HomeGoods to look at bedding for the new guest mattresses. I settled on the one you see below. Alone, it might not be quite as "sophisticated" as I imagined, BUT I think we can really dress/play it up with some dark brown accent pillows and such. I think it will come out really well. What do you think?

This week we are hoping to have one of Matt's friends/coworkers over for dinner--maybe Friday or Saturday. And I might try to make an extra dinner one night for someone at church this week whose husband is out of town. Not much else besides that. Sammy is still fun. :) Her "graduation" is March 24--the next time we will meet. Our little puppy is almost an obedience school graduate. Wow! hehe

I should close for now and get ready for bed. We hope your week is off to a good start. :)

Blessings,
Becca

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i think that quilt looks great! i really really really like those colors. perfect for sunny florida.

"Alice" said...

Congratulations to Sammy! Graduation is a great feeling! And I just love your comforter. It is sophisticated and yet simple and pretty. :)