Friday, April 21, 2006

You won't believe this but....

WHAT did I find in my classroom when we returned from recess? ...............................a lizard!!!!!!!!! Granted, it was a little baby lizard, but it was crawling on my teacher bags and coat--I admit it, when I went to move my stuff and it moved toward me, I shrieked. That is what, unfortantely, alerted my students to its presence. Wonderful Z caught it in a container for me, and I walked it around the classroom (with the lid held tightly shut) for the kids to see before I took him out back and let him go. That is the LAST thing I expected to see! I've told Matt over and over in the last 6.5 months in lizard country (aka Florida), I can handle a lizard in the yard, or even the porch, but NOT in my house. I should have added, "NOT in my classroom." Hopefully that's a once-in-a-lifetime incident. I asked the teacher next door what I should do, and she said, "Just catch it. Get one of your kids to catch it." I am so thankful for Z. :) When I returned to my room to "handle" the "lizard situation," she remarked to her class, "I guess they don't have lizards in Tennessee." Well, certainly not as many as HERE! Several teachers had a chuckle when they heard my story. I can only imagine the reputation this incident will earn me... :)

I bet you thought I was going to say, "You won't believe this but....... we got the house." Well....

WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!
The seller countered $1,000 more than our offer, but he will buy the home warranty we requested (thanks for the initial suggestion, Joy). I don't think I can really believe it! Our very own home! We will close May 26 (Memorial Day weekend)--that will be here before we know it!!! Oh my goodness! God is SOOO good!

It has all unfolded in such a way there is NO doubt it is HIM! First, it took almost a week for our attorney to get the contract ready, then when we drove by last night after dinner, there was an AGENT's sign in the yard!!! We though for sure he'd jack up the price to cover the commission. But God ordained it all! He must have written us into exclusions or not fully signed with the realtor yet, and the seller is relieved because we're pre-qualified. Apparently, he had 2 offers fall through because the buyers couldn't obtain funding. Wow! So, God had this house picked out, had 2 offers fall through while it dropped down to our price range, AND "held" it for us while our attorney took admittedly forever (a whole other story) to edit the contract. We are amazed and canNOT wait!! I will post pictures of the house when I get home, since it's official now. :)

That's all for now. I need to pack up so I can head home and load up pictures for you!!!!!
Love and REJOICING in God's faithfulness (we would have rejoiced in His faithfulness if the house had been a "no" as well),
Becca

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read your e-mail! Turn your phone on! I need you!!!

Love,
Me

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and Matt!!! YEAH!!! oh i can't wait to see the picture of the new house! and hey i would have freaked out with the lizard. thankfully there are none here at the bank in TN! have a wonderful weekend! Bekah <><

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joy said...

Hey, Brad and I had the good fortune of having a lizard in our home one time. It was just such a wonderful experience. We were running around like wild people trying to catch the thing and get it out of the house! He finally crawled into a basket and we just took the basket outside and shook the little lizard silly trying to get him out. Good times!

I must say again CONGRATS on the house!!!! God is good! I must warn you though good adventures still await you as you finish up the home buying process. As we have already seen though the Lord totally provides in one way or another! :) We will be praying that the inspection goes well and that the house will close on time etc. We love you guys and we are rejoicing with you!

Joy said...

Yes, that is my deleted post. Sorry to be doofy! :)

William said...

Congratulations, Matt and Becca! This is great news and I am overjoyed for the two of you. What a wonderful and exciting time.

I have really enjoyed reading through your previous postings and catching up on what is going on with you all. Thanks for doing that! I was thinking of you all today and now it feels like I am mostly caught up :-)

You all take care and God bless!

William Eberle

Anonymous said...

Becca and Matt,

What an adorable house! I can totally see you guys there. God is amazing how He provides for us. He makes sure that we know Whom is in control.

Ok, Ok, you know I have something to say about the lizard situation. Is this the same teacher that daily picked up a skink 6+ inches long to give to my son????? Actually had to handle a lizard all summer for the sake of her reptile loving student??? Alass, you will surely have another chance with lizards once you have your 'Wonderful House"!!!

Sorry but still laughing about the Baby lizard.
Trudi

Becca said...

I know, I know, Trudi. I KNEW you'd get a kick out of that story. :) Somehow Skink just seemed tame--he was a PET. :) And I knew where he was. An unexpected "wild" lizard was a different story. I know Skink was "wild," too; so basically I'm just crazy. :)