Saturday, April 29, 2006

Garage Sales!


a shredder (free)


2 interior lights, $3 each


mirror (for new entry way), $5 (and proceeds went to Young Life!)


Floridaopoly, because we live in FL now. :) $2


curio cabinet (the second shelf needs to be cleaned more) for the new guest bathroom, $3.50

Last weekend and this weekend we had the chance to peruse some garage sales. I thought I'd post a few of our "finds." :)

Tomorrow I'll have pictures of the DINING SET we got from Auntie Carole, too! :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Becca,
How proud I am of you guys!! Thank you for now buying in to the American lie that EVERYTHING has to be new and EVERYTHING has to be from Pottery Barn!! Your house will be furnished and accessorized beautifully and you had fun doing it . .(remember my plates on the kitchen wall???) Your house looks like you could sit it right on your parents street!!

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becca said...

Kim,
I'm honestly keeping my eyes open for silver plates and trays at the Goodwill here to do what you did! :) hehe
And yes, our 1970s house would fit perfectly on my parents' street in TN. :) We can't wait to put our "stamp" on it!
I've been checking all the places you went to when you got your house ready to show--TJ Maxx, Ross, Goodwill, yard sales, just ask Matt (he gets dragged along). :) You showed me a house and children can be superbly dressed with gently used items. :)

"Alice" said...

That is some nice stuff!!! I never knew garage sales could have nice things like that! Awesome job guys!!! :) I'll have to remember...garage sales, ross, tjmaxx, etc. THANKS!