Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And we're off!

We'll not "off" as in "off work" (a long weekend would be nice! That won't happen until Memorial Day Weekend, I'm afraid); we're off as in beginning a new adventure! Our offer on the house will go to the seller tomorrow morning! After much patience, wondering, and waiting, we were finally able to connect directly with the real estate attorney and everything will be ready to go tomorrow morning! We'll DEFINITELY keep you posted and put up pictures if indeed a contract is agreed upon by all. :)

Secondly, I received another new student today. She seems really sweet and compliant, which I really appreciate. Twenty-three is just a lot of little third graders to keep track of! I didn't like how adding another desk cramped my desk arrangement, so I rearranged the desks after school. I also replaced some nametags that were worse-for-the-wear and made one for our new student, along with a notebook, folder, etc. for her. Up to 23 now, with the ones I am sure to keep separated, I went ahead and created an assigned line order for when we line up. It'll just make things more simple. Everyone (except for this new student) has had a chance to be assigned line-leader, so assigning line order now will help prevent the mad dash to be FIRST (actually, they're REALLY good about that particular thing). The name-calling is creeping back up, so now that we've had 2 weeks of intentionally "giving and receiving compliments" through our "skill of the week," the consequence (and a rather logical one, if I do say so myself) for calling a name is.... complimenting the person you called a name! They reallllly don't like complimenting the classmates whose company they do not enjoy, so hopefully it'll curb some of the nastiness.

Other than that, I can't say we're up to too much--not that trying to buy a home and incorporating a new student are "ho hum." One of Matt's coworkers had his last day today (he is moving), so he was busy enjoying the send off (he' sad to see him go, but they enjoyed some great "last day" festivities today) and I was busy making a cake last night for him to take and add to the bounty!

We hope you are well. Like I said, we'll keep you updated as we progress with the offer on the house!

BLESSINGS to you,
Becca :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca,
I am so excited for you and Matt!! Yeah! I will continue to pray that everything will go smoothly with the offer and acceptance of the offer for the house! So exciting! The new girl in your class is certainly blessed, I would have LOVED having you for my teacher! Have a blessed day! love, Bekah <><