Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Matt's Final Birthday Party

Matt gets to have 3 birthday parties every year (it's so unfair!). :) This year, we celebrated on his birthday (July 1) with his parents and sister; then we celebrated on Saturday with my family; and lastly, he and I celebrated "just the two of us" this evening. I thought I'd share some pictures from our party. :)

Since we had a themed party back in TN, and he sprung on me yesterday that he wanted his party with me tonight, I got an exemption from thinking up another theme (I did Transformers last year). :) But we had a great time all the same.

I made chicken tortilla soup, bread bowls, and corn on the cob for dinner. As an appetizer when he got home from work, I had his favorite Green (iced) Tea waiting for him with some quesadillas, chips, and a yummy dip.


the bread bowl awaiting the soup



the birthday boy during dinner



pretty vase my birthday bouquet(s) came in now used as a votive holder... see how the design shines through to the tablecloth?



Bitsy's chocolate cake made an appearance! Mmmm mmmm good!



the loot



a cd he wanted



I wonder what this could be?



We like the wii. ;)


His final gift was hidden in the trunk of my car. This is Matt scurrying out to the garage when he figured out the clue I gave him as to the gift's whereabouts.


excited because he knows what it is AND where it is



an air compressor with 3 nailers--every man's dream (j/k)... he really did want it though, so he can finish our/do more crown molding

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA for birthday parties! It sounds like yours was spectacular.
(Please share how you made the bread bowls!) Love, Mom

Joy said...

Happy Birthday to Matt again! Yipppeeee! It looks like you guys had a GREAT time celebrating! I could go for a piece of Bitsey's cake! Yummy! I really like your birthday candle as well!

Jennifer said...

You guys are so young! I would have never guessed the oh-so-mature Matt was only, what, like 24 when he house sit for me for A YEAR! (j/k - he was so great, thanks again.) Happy Birthday, Matt!