Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Recovering...

Well, about a week has passed. Life has gone on as it does, and even though I think I'm often still in denial (or at least forgetfulness), I'm not weeping every night. It's definitely an improvement (just ask my poor hubby)!

One good thing that's come of all this is that we've decided July-Christmas is just TOO long to go without some TN family time (the SC fam is being gracious enough to have Thanksgiving at Matt's aunt and uncle's here in FL!). Dad and Mom are planning a trip down next month. It sounds wonderful to me!

We really enjoyed the long weekend. Of course, it makes me long for days to spend at home taking care of my family (even if my family is a family of 3... and one of those is a dog). But I realize that if I were home right now without a little person to take care of, I would be antsy and lonely. God's plan is for my best.

We did some housework. Matt edged the driveway and curb. I cleaned up the Man Room. As we tidied up other rooms, odds and ends were placed in the Man Room. It started driving me crazy, so I just dove in! It looks great again. Matt's even choosing places to hang his Halo wall art. :)

We also found some fabric at JoAnn's. I need to take a picture of it. At some point, I hope to (gulp) make a skirt from it. It looks JUST like something I would wear to work or church. It's black with white embroidery and was in the discount pile. :) It wasn't quite 2 yards, and the employee cutting the fabric gave me the partial yardage for 1/2 off! How cool is that?

To be continued....

0 comments: