Monday, April 17, 2006

A New Week begins...

Today was actually a pretty decent Monday with my class--praise the Lord! I covered THREE math lessons (woo hoo--well, they were just about reading graphs and tables.. but STILL!). We had a spelling pretest--one student got a 100%, so she's now exempt from the test on Friday and gets to call out the words for everyone else. She's very excited), got to pick out 2 books for RIF (reading is fundamental)--I picked Ralph S. Mouse and a Boxcar Children mystery for our class library, read our new story we'll be using most of the week, turned in last week's reading tests to be graded, cut out the student's umbrella stories (they wrote a story about opening an umbrella and it taking them away somewhere, then I had them copy it on umbrella-shaped paper) and put them on my back cupboards, printed some things to be copied for this week and next, wrapped up our weather lessons, turned in some forms to guidance, and showed a brain pop "video" on electricity/energy. Whew!

I'm also leaving in a bit to go see the house again. Dun dun dunnnnn. I'll continue to keep you posted. If we still feel like this is "it," our next step is to see about a real estate attorney, since it's FSBO and the seller doesn't want to pay for an agent on either end (theirs or ours). A real estate attorney is actually cheaper than the realtor's 3%, so we'll see. We have a great recommendation for one. It's all happening so fast! (p.s. THANK YOU, Christy for the wonderful advice and experience you shared! We REALLY appreciate it!! I hope Callie wasn't too starving. :-( ).

Also, E's bridesmaid's dresses are in. But mine came in withOUT the extra length! Stink! They're mailing it to me, and if it's long enough, we just move on. If it's not, we're all having them hemmed tea length. This means I need to find some new black shoes--FLAT ones dressy enough for a wedding. None of my black flats are "matron of honor" dressy. I'm excited to try on the dress, though!

I'm not sure what we're having for dinner. Maybe alfredo chicken pizza... sounds good to me! We need to go out soon for our anniversary that was on Saturday--we have a gift card to one of our favorites.. Moe's ("Welcome to Moe's!"). Matt always gets a "Joey Bag of Donuts" and I usually get the "John Coctostan." If you've haven't been to Moe's, you should go... soon. And get some queso. :)

I guess that's about all for now. I need to post pictures of the calla lily that bloomed (I forgot what I planted and thought it was gladiolas... now that one's bloomed, they're clearly calla lilies). :)

We love you and miss you and hope you see the Lord's hand and blessings in this week!

Love,
Becca

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months!!! Yeah! Can hardly believe its been 6m, doesn't really seem possible. The house hunt is so exciting, I feel like I am still in college with you and (it feels like) everyone else I know looking and buying homes! So crazy! Me here looking for some roommates! oh well, God continues to be good and lead us all in different dirctions! love you! Bekah<><

Kim said...

Moo Moo Mr Cow is Maclain's personal favorite at Moe's . . . and most definately queso on the side!! You are wise to use a RE attorney . . do you have any idea how many people who get involved in a FsBO do not even consider it??? It can haunt them for years to come!! Can't wait to see pics.

Becca said...

BEKAH!! You are awesome! :) I'm so sorry I didn't respond to your last comment. Also, I thought I had your phone number in my cell phone, so we could hang out while I was in Knoxville. But it was NOT in my cell phone--STINK! I would love, love, LOVE to hang out with you (and Libby) when next we find ourselves in Knoxville. We're hoping to at least one trip up for a wedding (there are 2 up there so far from my small group after ours). As always, you are WELCOME to a Florida retreat--we'd love to have you. :) I think it's been hitting the 90s here at some point in the day. It's not totally disgustingly humid yet, though. :) I will pray about the roommates, and I will email SOOOON! :)
LOVING you and MISSING you!!!!!
Becca

Becca said...

Kim,
Thank you for your comments. We got hooked up with the real estate attorney today, and like I said, Matt's coworker bought FSBO homes twice with her and described the experience as "flawless," so we are thankful for the reference!
Tell Maclain I loved to get the Moo Moo Mr. Cow before my late night class at UT during my internship. :) Yum!
Lastly, my maid of honor (though the roles have reversed--I'll be her matron of honor in October) and I will be at Disney World for 4 days in June. I'll keep you posted on dates and such. It'd be wonderful to see you guys! I MISS your little (but increasingly not as little as they used to be) ones! I can't believe Charis is older than Isabelle was when I first started getting to stay with your sweet kids! Time is flying!

hot mom and son sex stories said...

That night I met Leon, Bobs best friend. I was exhausted by Sundays end.
hot blonde nurses sex stories
nifty erotic stories search
hot sexy love stories
true xxx sex stories
erotic sex stories written in arabic
That night I met Leon, Bobs best friend. I was exhausted by Sundays end.